Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Warmer Tuesday Today...




Today & yesterday by comparison didn't even seem like it belonged in the same week because it was a world of difference between the two. But I know that my eyes were bloodshot this morning from the long Monday at work & the late night trying to eye the Spurs on NBA TV & Texas football on Fox 4.

There were no problems going in to work today, but we were busy like a fire sale was taking place. Our phone system is jacked up again & I'll be happy when we go VOIP in the Summer. Perhaps this will recede a lot of the issues that plague us with the current phone system, but it will be interesting to see all the cool stuff it offers. I sipped on hot tea with Altoids in between to keep my stuffy head open. As the weather warms up this week, I know that I'll suffer a relapse from the lingering issue from Christmas. It is suppose to be in the 60's tomorrow & back into the 80's by Friday. You can just count on my big smile that I have (NOT) that I'm anticipating this all the way.

My sister called me at work to invite me to dinner because my brother-in-law kicked up a good old Southern dinner of oxtails, pinto beans, baked pork steak, & cornbread. I told her that I would be over after I went home to change clothes to put on my "getting down" outfit. That consisted of a pair of casual slacks, a tee shirt, remove all jewelry, and hair pulled back into a pony tail. I arrived there, spoke to everyone, washed my hands, and prepared my plate. Let me tell you that my sister's husband can cook his butt off. Robert is suppose to get me some deer meat from a friend that is getting some processed & it's gonna be on and popping then !

But let me leave you as I need sleep since I'm not yet adjusted back to my work schedule.

T.

No comments: