Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Incredible Thursday...




The day started off with the beauty of the sun beaming from the sky indicating the beauty that the Lord presented us. But it was a cold start to the morning & I was scrambling to get out of the door to work so that I could get my electric kettle going for some hot tea. The drive in wasn't bad at all & there was hardly anyone on the road. I made it early enough because I expected that it would be a wild day due to having to reschedule a full day of patients from yesterday & contend with a typical Thursday too. I could barely open my que before I was barraged with an onslaught of phone calls from those scheduled yesterday. Nevermind that my voice mails were running over, but some of these people were already calling back !

Time went on & I had a very nice salad for lunch today because I really needed the veggies because I've been eating some serious non-veggies lately. Maria's daughter had prepared some oatmeal cookies & sent me three with her. It was mid-afternoon before I was able to get things calmed down to a point where I could chill out. I chatted with my sister for a while this afternoon & I'm very happy that she is feeling better (she was under the weather since early this week).

I have a lot of little things planned for the weekend & I'm not sure how it will all go down, but they are things that really can't be put off. I had a pair of rimless glasses made that I paid some decent money for when I had them done on January 2nd & one of the lenses are practically hanging off at this point. Since they have a 30 day return policy, these are definately being returned because I will have this issue again if I'm having problems with them within the first 30 days. The last pair I had done almost 4 years ago haven't even had the screws tightened, so the rimless won't work for me.

Until we meet again,

T.

No comments: