Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday's Thrill On Capitol Hill....




Lord knows the overwhelming joy that filled my heart today as I watched the 44th President of the United States of America march his way into a place that I could one day see. Elated & beaming with indescribable joy, I looked back at last year when I saw little to no hope of a sign that things could get better when so much of 2008 had started out very wrong.

Today gave me a sense to go out & change the day for someone to make it better. I'm proud to know that we can only go UP from here because we as people have been DOWN so long. I find myself at a loss for words to tell you exactly what is in my heart, but trust me when I say that I'm proud today to be a child of the 60's to know the stories of my people & know that there are many that are tired of all the racial bullcrap that has been thrusted down our throats.

And for now, I'm headed to bed because it will be hard to calm down to sleep tonight.

T.

No comments: