
After hearing the wind howl for most of the night along with the sound of sleet hitting my bedroom window, I decided to rise up at 5:00 am to see what the outcome for the workday would be. I opened the door to have a look outside because regardless of what the local news said, I needed to visualize it for myself.
When I first opened the door, I shut it so fast because I hadn't braced myself like I initially thought for what I ran into. The sting from the windchill was no joke at all & I can't recall it ever being this cold. I'm grateful that the clouds were still around to keep some level of warmth, even though the falling precipitation had ceased sometime during the night. Now it was time to sit down & watch the news to see how my day would be affected. From what I could see, it looked like every school district in Texas has shut down for this ice event. But what I was searching for was if my employer would delay or close for the day. If they would have said 10:00 am opening, I would have to start scooting my butt really soon to get myself prepared for the long haul.
But finally, I called into main campus to find out that we were delayed until 1:00 pm, but that was still problematic because the day wasn't even expected to warm up past the current 26 degrees that it was at that moment. All in all, I'm still happy that we would have that much delay because I can glide smoothly into my morning. So I watched a little TV & when I was preparing myself to for work, Maria called to advise me that they reversed the delay to total closure. In my mind, that is what they should have done in the first place because this ice storm wasn't as bad as others....but it was no joke either. Instead of leaving out then, I did some stuff on the computer for a while & eventually headed out for lunch because I had paced myself to have a sit down lunch anyway before I went into work.
I finally put the finishing touches to my Wordpress blog that I've had sitting over there UNTOUCHED for the last year. Yahoo 360 has limited me for the last time & it have become a total displeasure to try forcefully to make that thing work. I will always around because there are some friends that always are parked on it & I think that you should always keep a door to your existence open to those that need you.
Now I'm off the bed as usual. Please have a great evening & stay warm.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment