Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Hump Wednesday...




couldn't have asked for a better day today because there were a series of sweet surprises that just got better and better as time marched on. As I was sitting at my desk this morning multi-tasking, my private line started ringing that displayed the number of a friend that I've been trying to reach for a moment. I picked up the phone & stated "It's definitely gonna snow in Texas now" and we both laughed.

Although we usually chat at least every couple of days, I've not heard from this party since New Years Eve when I received an email of cheer for the holiday. It isn't unusual for us not to catch up soon, but it never goes beyond a week. We chatted for a while as I was able to sink in relief due to being worried all this time, but I'm cool as long as I know that they are okay. After completing that call, I was still trying to down my morning hot tea & suddenly....my sister showed up. I kinda thought that she would do it because today was the day that she was scheduled for her follow up from the surgery she had a couple of weeks ago & she looked so pretty all dressed up.

Normally I have to pick out stuff for my sister because I know what looks good on her, but she shocked me in her outfit today. We chatted for about 15 minutes before she left & although she isn't due back to work until next week, she stated that she was going back tomorrow because she is "sick" of being home. I snatched my watch off my arm to hand to her & told her since she was still off to get my battery replaced. Apparently it died sometime during the night & I knew that she was taking her kids to the dentist today so perhaps she would happen to see a merchant that could handle my need. She looked at me so funny as I tossed it at her (LOL), but you have to realize that she does this to me also. And please don't have any pity for her because remember the Sunday she called to tell me to find her some Griffin's syrup.....so now, it's payback !

The third surprise was a patient that I had been *waiting* on since the Dallas/Philly game, & he is a DIE HARD Cowboys fan. We chatted for a while & he really told me about just how much he hated Philly & Washington because of the natural rivalry. I told him that I understood, but you see I respect fans of other teams & will always not try to incite hostility. He and I have always knew how far to go when teasing each other about wins or losses, & that is the way that it should be because there is a fine line to anything. He didn't congratulate me on Philly, but I neither did I jack with him about the Cowboys either. He is a Dallas Mavericks fan & I'm for San Antonio Spurs, but we always break away clean.

I'm going to bed now because I wake up in the middle of every night since I've had this goofy congestion & have a hard time going back to sleep.

T.