Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Hectic Saturday...




Sherrod called early this morning to wake me up because I had promised him that I would take him to find an MP3 player to give his girlfriend as a Christmas gift when he returns to school. As I was heading on the service road to the freeway, I ran into a guy that I used to kick it with & we exchanged phone numbers. He asked what I was doing later, but I told him that I had promised my nephew that we would get some shopping done & that I had no idea when I would be free later.

Initially we considered the iPod Shuffle, but he didn't think that she would like it too much. We looked around at several stores before deciding & trying to find anything in stock was a challenge also. In the end we decided upon a Philips 2GB MP3/Video player & I'm happy for the selection we selected. He can't wait to get to school on Tuesday to give it to her & I'm happy that I could help him select a nice gift as he is trusts me to do something nice because his mother teases him because he is VERY picky and gives her the best.

Eventually we returned to my sister's house & she had a computer tech there restoring her PC back to where it started. He was able to recover her files, but something in Window Explorer had been corrupted & he was there from 11:00 am until around 5:00 pm, but he got it done. When he left, we both went to Sam's Club to do some shopping & I ran into a girlfriend that I hadn't seen since 1988. I didn't even see her while in the store, but she saw me & shouted out my name as we were putting items into the car. She is a Nigerian native & I recognized her voice without even thinking about it. We chatted for a bit & exchanged phone numbers & I've often wondered about her because we used to live in the same apartment complex & hung out doing some of everything. Although she was not born here, she is as close to Americanized as I've ever known.

We hung out tonight until I just couldn't do it anymore & I returned home just in time to catch San Antonio Spurs trying to hang on for dear life. That was a very exciting game & the last shot at the buzzer was all good....Go Spurs, Go ! But tomorrow will be another crazy day in the world of SG, so I will bid you goodnight & see you on the flip side of right now.

T.

No comments: