Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Softer Side of Saturday....

Since I was up half the night with my sister & her crew, I ended up sleeping late into the morning before realizing that I wanted to get to the pharmacy before it became insanely warm outside. I gathered myself together & made my way out of the door in record time.


I have a friend, Debra, that works in the meat department of this grocery store & I stopped by to chat with her for a while. Upon leaving there, I stopped by Subway for a tuna salad because I knew that I would not leave back out of the house before late this evening. But since Office Depot was in the vicinity, I stopped there because I wanted to peep at a couple of things that I had seen online, but needed an actual visual. I was suppose to wake up early to get my morning walk underway, but that will have to wait for another day. If I'm gonna walk on an 80 degree morning, it's gotta happen between 6:30 am - 8:30 am...otherwise, forget it.


I placed the salad in the refrigerator & put my nightgown back on and climbed back into bed. As I said earlier in the week, I have some catching up to do with my nap time and today was one of those days. My thought was that I would relax & watch TV, but I don't even remember what I was even watching when I woke up 2 hours later. I perched myself onto the chair at my desk in the den & cleared out some RSS feeds while ingesting my salad (it was really good). Sherrod called to tell me that I left my glasses on the dinner table last night where I sat eating dinner & I advised him that I would be over later today. So I slowly took my time as the sun casted brutality upon the land. I headed over around 6:30 pm & they were preparing to go to the movies with their older brother & fiancee. My sister prepared some Manwich for dinner & her husband left home to hang out with his motorcycle club for the evening. So it was my sister & I chilling at her house in two very different parts. She was in the living room on her big PC & I'm here at the kitchen table on my laptop via her network browsing through YouTube stuff checking out this 'n that.

Before I leave you, here's a lady that I wish to God that I get to see her perform just once before either of us leave this earth. She is one of my favorite performers of all time because she is so multi-talented (I have all of her albums). Here's Shirley Bassey from a live TV show singing 2 of my favorite songs & I surely hope that you like her as much as I do.





Peace,

T.

4 comments:

Sauce said...

I dunno why but I loves me some manwich!!

Sister Girl said...

I can eat it once in a while,but I grew tired of it as a child because we ate it a lot.

T.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Man I may have to get me some Manwich! Noting like a toasted bun Manwich with barbeque lays and large glass of kool-aid. Ok maybe sweet tea and baked lays since I’m grown.

Your Saturday sounded like mine. Playing catch-up on sleep, but then I turned right back around and LOST them with a insomniac Sunday night.

Ms. Bassey is great! I can’t see this clip from work; I’ll have to check it out at home. Since I have NO clue as to what the clip is I will just sing Diamonds Are Forever in my head!! *lol*

-OG

Sister Girl said...

Hey now !...I hear you singing...and it's not bad at that ! - LOL

I'm so greatful to have a venue like YouTube where you can see just about anything you wish just by searching around. Miss Bassey has been a darling in my heart since I found out about her a few years back,but you know my taste in music goes according to my mood (oh yeah....I can get down still with Ice Cube,N*W*A,DMX,etc when the "moment" calls for it).


I'm at work today not feeling my best & I can definately say that I failed to meet my need for enough sleep this past weekend,but I'm the fault for giving it up to hang with my family *knowing* they sleep all day long & I don't.

T.