It was another typical Monday for me except the fact that it was extremely humid & I hadn't had enough sleep. I guess it was my payback for laying up in bed last night sipping on vodka & ruby red grapefruit juice. But I have no regrets for it because I needed something to relax me where I could get to sleep. And most of what I was sipping was prepared earlier that evening & left over from the afternoon. Let me tell you those Whataburger styrofoam cups keep ice FOREVER !!!!
I prepared myself to leave for my return to work to start off the week. My allergies are giving me fits as my eyes are blood red from the pollen in the air. But I won't complain because that is only something that is a temporary issue. I eventually made my way to work & when I entered the building, I noticed that something was terribly wrong. Typically, main campus turns off the air conditioning for the weekend when we are closed & powers it up on Sunday night. Whatever attempt they made yesterday was unsuccessful today & my face powder disappeared into thin air.
As I arrived at my desk, I put down my handbag & pulled out my personal fan. You know that I don't play with these people because I don't do H-O-T for nobody. If it became too much for me, I would insist to leave because I don't need any problems with the old family trait,eczema. If you have it or know someone that does, then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Once the fan ran for a while,things were better in my immediate area. The part of the building where the daycare/preschool were cooling,but the clinic was in trouble all day long. I'm pretty sure that it's a chiller issue because it always is & when I don't see Physical Plant running around, then I know it's an outside matter. I wouldn't have wish a dog to be out in this weather on days of such.
Eventually the day ended & my car never became cool all of the six mile drive home. By the time I hit my living room, the best I could do was peel off the soaking wet clothes that I had grown attached to my skin. Can you just believe that I was crazy enough to wear a loafer to work today ? That was the worst thing that I could have done & trust me when I say that mistake won't repeat this Summer. Since I was in a rush & couldn't decide which sandal this morning, I opted for that shoe like a dumbass. I wasn't in the mood to eat anything because all I wanted to do was sit in a cool tub of water.
I spoke with Gwen for a while this evening because I was unable to catch up with her all day. The law firm that she works for relocated over the weekend & they had to go in yesterday to do the final last touches before the beginning of the work week. We chatted for a while before my cell phone cut off & then it was crazy trying to reconnect. I phoned her back from my house phone & she was calling the mobile,except by then it was on my bed & I was in another part of the house. I left her a message on her house phone & meanwhile Samantha called and I didn't get back to Gwen for a minute.
It was a crazy, mixed up day & I hope to all above that tomorrow is mucho grande !
T.
4 comments:
wasn't any cooler today for you all. we are under a severe T-storm watch until 10 pm tonight. Tornado warnings southwest of us. try to keep cool.
~D~
It was a little better,but storms are projected in the forecast next few days...we shall see !
T.
I'm laughing because Vodka and grapefruit juice is my new drink of the the month. I always liek to switch my mixers keeps the vodka fun! *lol*
Great Minds!
-OG
My favorite mixers are a toss up between pomegranite juice and lemonade. But you know that shots are the way to go when the weather is cooler.
T.
Post a Comment