Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Day Before Friday...

How goes it in your world ? Mine is all groovy, baby. I'm elated that the weekend is upon us again that I could just shout out loud. I'm surely looking forward to sleeping, eating,drinking,& perhaps grilling some chicken and shrimp this weekend...if it's not too warm outdoors. But the sheer thought of the end of July in Texas pretty much already gives you a clear summary of what it'll be.

My day was a pretty decent one as one could describe. There was no drama today (shocking), & I can surely appreciate it. The older I get, the more I enjoy my quiet time. I spoke with my sister today on the phone & we have several things that we need to get done before my niece's baby shower. She is preparing a diaper cake & we'll trotting all over the globe this weekend to get all stuff we need. My sister's eldest son & his wife are expecting the first grandchild & it's a little girl (sniff sniff). My sister wasn't real thrilled at first because she was in TOTAL shock, but gee whiz...they've been married for 10 years & you'd think that someday they would have a child or few. I think that she was content to just be wife/mother/sister/aunt to all, but she's gonna spoil this little girl ROTTEN because I can see it coming !

When I arrived home, I took a bath & headed over to her place. Her husband was there alone as I had missed the pilgrimage to Hobby Lobby. I didn't tell her exactly what time I would be there, so I dragged my laptop out to play on it for a while. I called her mobile to let her know I was there, but left after 2 hours of waiting. Although I knew she would be home soon, I needed to get something to eat because I didn't have my dinner yet. Not long after I left, her kids called to chat with me for a while. I told them I would be back tomorrow to kick it because we'll go back out to some other crafting places to look for some more items that are needed.

Microsoft Zune....I know a lot of people are iPod lovers, but I'm so in love with my Zune that it's a damn shame. It took a moment to read the forums to see what others were having problems with and the solutions, but it's gonna be real interesting getting my entire music drive on that sucker. My soul folder alone is almost 20 gigs & we don't even want to speak of the other genres. Jazz is probably my BIGGEST folder on my hard drive, but you know I'm gonna make it happen on my mini-baby. I hate the so-called "premium" headphones that came with it, but I'll do some shopping because I don't like ear buds at all (I have tiny ear canals, so sticking anything into them won't work for me at all).

Well, I hate to leave you....but I have some music files to work with !

T.

3 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Friday fun is ahead!!! Mom went home to Houston last night and I am lookign forward to being ALONE!! *lol*

-OG

Sister Girl said...

I know how it is when you want to get "comfortable" when you really can't (LOL). I'm planning on a LOT of quiet time this weekend gearing up my music library & sippin' some vodka.

T.

Denise said...

I'm still in the dinosaur age when it comes to all these new electronic gizmos. good thing I have kids to tell how stuff works! LOl