Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Pre-4th of July Thursday....

I knew that this would be a slightly weird day because the feeling was upon me. My feeling of sleepiness from being up late last night was hanging on & I knew that it would be a long one because it was my turn as the late person to close the office.


We were one person short in the front office because one of the secretaries arranged for it, so it was Maria & I that handled everything. I only saw my boss once the entire day & that was in passing as I arrived to work. The director had her all tied up in her office today & I know that was not a good thing whatsoever. They are having some administrative issues that is clear that she's under extreme distress because of it, so we just don't try to incorporate anything more into it. The budget stuff always gets her crazy & it'll be like this until the end of August.


Samantha called to ask me about a Lexus dealership located near where I work, & I offered her lunch if she stopped by. She's also traveling home for the holiday, so she needed to drop off the keys to her house since I'm taking care of her dog. We decided to grab some nachos from the cafeteria where I work & we sat in the break area to consume our goodies. Either I was extremely hungry or those nachos were really good (I doubt it was the latter because that wasn't Velveeta cheese...LOL). Soon she departed & I headed back to my work area to finish out my day. I tried to call my sister to see what was on her agenda for the day just in case she needed me to help her with anything, but I couldn't reach her. She & her husband will have everything underway for the family gathering tomorrow because we are a family that don't do anything in a "small" way.


My brother-in-law is a pit master & he'll have so much food that meat will end up in the deep freezer because even though we we eat a lot....he cooks MORE than our greedy butts can consume. He is just the kind of cook that wants you to have everything that he think you may want. And my sister is prone to make several desserts to suit every thought of sugar consumption, but I hope she does a lemon pound cake. For me, she won't let me cook anything (oh yes, I can burn in the kitchen). They are just that way because they've done it all for years & years in that fashion. Two things that my sister REFUSE to do is debone a chicken & pick greens. She don't like the way chicken feels when it has been boiled & she's afraid of bugs, but I think that she ran into a crawler once before. Now we eat a lot of collard/mustard greens cooked in the pressure cooker, & there are NEVER any greens left from any meal because every leaf is skimmed from the pot.


Bae Bae called as I was pulling up at the house this evening to say that they are hanging out at her place tonight, but I'm just too tired to get with them. I'm sure that we'll get together again before the weekend is out, but I just need to relax myself because this heat can take a lot out of you. The humidity here has been up and down, but I had to stop for gas before I arrived home today & that evening sun was totally on my back.


Here's George Clinton from 1993 performing "Paint The White House Black", and it took 15 years for the dream to surface.





T.

6 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

have fun
my store 4 dogs will be open
last i heard
we wasnt free then

Sister Girl said...

True indeed,but will we ever really be free ? The 4th of July is no big deal to me really & only offers opportunity to be with family/friends.

T.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there!!

I forgot all about that song!! *LOL*

I'm not trying to be funny but isn't George Clinton about 70-something these days? When I was a little "chile", he was not exactly Peabo Bryson or Prince....he had some mileage on him...

Thanks for showing this video!! I like the oldies!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Sister Girl said...

Oh Lisa...LOL !

People always ask me how I know so much about music,but you would think I know something in the 46 years I've been on earth,right ?

I love music & care less than a thought about stuff on TV. Just last evening on Lifetime, I watched the Fantasia Barrino story & the people I was visiting was just too shocked & amazed ! Usually I watch local news and that's enough to really not want to see anything more.

Peace..

T.

Leva Diva said...

I hate picking greens too but love cooking and eating em!

Sister Girl said...

A pot of greens don't last with us for even leftovers. And the sad part is that not matter how many bunches we cook,they are ingested the first time around.

T.