Today was a day for another opportunity to sleep in late & I did so up until the hour of 10:00 am. I phoned my sister to see if there was anything she needed for the holiday dinner & she advised that all was well. Sometimes we need a thing or two added and with gas being $4.09, it's better to pick it up on the way there instead of going back out later.
I decided to go by Samantha's to take care of the dog & he was in the mood to wrestle (he's a 6 month old chow). Since I was casually dressed, I decided to wear him down by playing toss the ball until that became old to him. Her lawn appeared to need a drink of water, so I hand watered it. I really enjoy handwatering it because there are so many times that you have certain points that need more than other & automatic sprinklers just don't quite do the job (perhaps that's a Texas thing). Some of her neighbors came over to chat with me as the morning sun beamed off my forehead forcing the sweat to change my hair roots back to afro style (ha ha). I would give ANYTHING to have my afro back, but not from sweating off a 3 week old perm because I need to look presentable at all times.
Bae Bae text the directions to White Rock lake where they were celebrating for the day. Gwen had phoned meanwhile to see if I wanted to ride with her there, but I declined because it was the dead heat of the afternoon & I wasn't trying to do anything outdoors while the sun was peaking. So I chilled at Samantha's watching TruTv (that station airs some crazy shows) until it was time to head over to meet my family for dinner. I looked in the refrigerator for some water & saw that Samantha had a bottle of Boones Farm Fuzzy Navel (I've never tasted it before & today seemed like a good day...and I'll replace the bottle later). So I grabbed it & headed over to my sister's place.
I was the first one there & I tossed that bottle of wine in the freezer to make it ultimately chilled. My sister & her hubhy was sleeping, so I hung out with the kids until they emerged about an hour later. Since I hadn't had a thing to eat, I decided to prepare my plate because it was already going on 6:00 pm & the grub had been done since noon. There were regular pork ribs, baby back ribs, bratwurst, burgers, pinto beans, potato salad, and Hershey's chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I ate so much until it was a crying shame, but let me tell you what....my family E-A-T-S ! It's no barely eating matter when you come around us & please leave your diet elsewhere. Those people have ruined more diets than I've ever started & they cook in military style cookware (the point that I'm making is they cook TOO much food whenever, except fried chicken....there is NEVER enough).
We didn't have to leave home to see the fireworks show because we had an excellent view right from her front lawn. The cake was cut afterward, the milk was poured, and we sat around the kitchen table just talking about everything & anything. Eventually the wine & full tummy attributed to the cause of my sleepiness, so I bid my loved ones goodnight & proceeded back to the comforts of my home...and now I'm going to bed.
Hope that your day was very enjoyable too & see ya later..
T.
6 comments:
I know yall threw down.
Yes,we did...and it was ugly !
Hello there Sister Girl!
This is my first stop at your house! I have been doing a few drive bys in the blogosphere this evening and I drove over from OG's house!
You are more than welcome to drop by my blg and share as often as you'd like! The door is always open! I try to keep things interesting!
Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa
Thank you,Lisa. I'm absolutely honored to grace your space & definately looking forward to sharing going forward.
T.
Girl Gene is the cuemaster in the family now. If it was up to him, all of our food would be off the grill; which isnt really a bad idea.
I love grilled, but I've had so much of it that I'm burned out already & it's just barely July !
T.
Post a Comment