I opened my eyes this morning to something I knew that was much worse than when I laid down last night. Although I didn't have to reach for the thermometer, I knew down inside that I was harboring a fever. There is just something that I can sense down inside that sets off the indicators & afterward is when I seek to know just how high it is.
I sat on the side of my bed wishing so hard that I could just climb back into it & sleep some more,but I did what I needed to motivate myself & jumped into the bath. It made me feel a lot better than I initially did and soon afterward I was on my merry way down the road to where I spend my daylight hours. Upon arrival, I gathered some ice water because this ordeal really had me terribly thirsty. My co-workers were very concerned because I was unusually quiet, but they don't like to see me under the weather because we really have a lot of fun joking around. All I really & truly wanted today was to return home and crawl into bed. The office was amazingly cold & since I was the only one complaining, I knew that it was the fever that was playing tricks on me.
I made it through until the end of the day & I crawled across the bed for the longest time this evening, but I felt better after a couple of hours. I chatted with Samantha for quite a while & cleared out some emails that were so old that it was a crying shame. And now I'm off to dreamland now that my fever had broke while enjoying some fine music this evening(LOL). Here's Miss Aretha Franklin doing a song that you had to listen to those old albums to hear, & this is "Nightlife" (give me a live recording any day & I'm a happy girl).
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment