
Another sweltering morning in the South & it's not projected to get any better the next few weeks. At least there were no rolling blackouts this weekend like the last one & I certainly could appreciate that. However, I do need to have unit serviced when this warm spell gets by us. It is expected to stay between 102-105 degrees all this week & you can bet that I won't be out in it more than I need to.
I lounged around the house today until hunger forced me out because there was nothing that I wanted. At one point I hoped to grill some chicken, but I didn't take any out to defrost & I just can't see myself over an open fire right now. So I decided to toss on some shorts, tee shirt, flip flops, and twirl my hair in a ponytail to drive over to Subway for a 6 inch turkey w/pepper jack cheese sandwich. After ingesting with half a gallon of water, I was all good again. I decided to call Thomas and torture him since I knew he was at work doing nothing & making all the bank doing so. Somehow or another, we ended up talking about the "old days" back in the 70's when life was "good" compared to now. We talked about afros,bell bottoms,platform shoes, avocado colored kitchen, plastic on furniture, houses with red carpet, console stereos with psychedelic lights, swagger lamps, corner bar sets, velvet paintings, Nehi sodas in the old pop coolers iced down in water & .05 cents back on return, windmill cookies, penny candy, drag strips, drive in movies...and some more stuff that most can't even recall.
But those were the GOOD OLD DAYS & life was a much simpler time back then. I know that rape, robbery, and murder happened back then...but life was so much fun. I look back over the area where I grew up at how much had changed, yet it remained the same. It's a much different world than it use to be because back then we just could hang outside on the steps and people just came by to kick it with you. I'm grateful that I was a child in the time that I grew up in versus now. I had access to so many things that are so forgotten now. Friendships were dearer because it was based on you & not material things that you possess. Music & television had standards of decency that you just don't have today. Don't get me wrong because Lord knows that I'm no saint, but I do know how to respect others & myself.
Most of what you see that I write here is dictated in a way out of respect for others always. It is something that was instilled by my parents & something that I will never,ever lose. In a much more private setting,I'm a "Round The Way" kinda girl that drink,talk plenty of shyt,adores the "fine arts"(preferably my own...LOL),& carries a straight edge razor for protection. Now I know all that shocks many of you, but you know that I have to protect myself at all costs. I love others, but believe me when I say that I love me FIRST. And again, not volatile...just not stupid !
My sister & I worked today on the diaper cake that you see in this picture for the baby shower next Saturday. It is so pretty & I tried my best to post the best picture,but the lighting wasn't working well for any of us. My sister I think took the best shot with her iPhone, but this one on my Blackjack came out pretty okay since I didn't have a chance to Bluetooth it from her. My sister prepared a barbecued brisket, pinto beans, potato salad,& cornbread for dinner. I will get around to making that chicken salad hopefully this week because it's just too hot for a cooked meal. Also need to get around to stocking up my fruit since I've had NOTHING yet this season & it's almost over for it.
Let me leave you now because the ice in my nightcap is melting...see ya !
T.
6 comments:
Nice cake. If you wouldn't have said it was a DIAPER cake, I wouldn't have known. First time seeing one.
I miss the old days too. I still go back in the hood from time to time, things sho' HAVE changed.
And oh yeah, just gotta love a lady who carries a straight razor!
And can use that baby too !....(LOL)
Beware of the sista wearing high heels. I used to see guys get some serious beat downs with them.
T.
Man that's how I feel about the 80's *lol*
The diaper cake looks pretty nice.
-OG
I hadn't seen that diaper cake before, but it's a really nice item to present someone. A co-worker that does various design pieces had mentioned it to her & she did the research on the internet to get a better idea on what was needed.
T.
Hi there!
Love the diaper cake!!
(smiles)
Lisa
Post a Comment