Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Sensational Sunday...

And so, I woke up this morning with no hangover...but I must have rolled over on the remote in my sleep because the Disney channel was on the TV. I sat up in bed trying to figure out how in the heck that happened & what was I doing last night. Since I live alone, there is no one else that I could put it on.

It was just too hot for me to entertain the thought of going anywhere, so I took my morning swim in the bathtub surrounded by lots of bubbles. As strange as it seemed, I didn't recognize that Dial antibacterial soap made that many bubbles or perhaps I just never paid that close attention. There is something in the magic of a sit down bath that you just don't feel in a shower. When I emerged, I swarmed around the house doing a little of this-n-that. Gwen called to see when I was headed over & we set a time because she wanted to go to the grocery store.

I dressed & made my way out of the door. I started more than once to turn right back around & stay home because the weather here is something straight out of the Amazon jungle. I'm not the type of person that wants to feel that Summer sun on my person, but I knew it would be cold as ice at her place. When I arrived, we left for Wal-Mart to pick up some potatoes, charcoal, lighter fluid, and bottled water for the affair. Why in the heck did that store look like they were giving away free food ? There were so many people in that place that it was astonishing to see a crowd like that. You know that mid-afternoon is not a time of day that I shop for anything, but I was accomodating my friend.

We arrived back to her apartment & her fiancee was getting the grill geared up to go. She marinated her meat overnight with tenderizer and worchestershire & we threw those T-Bone steaks on with the quickness. I prepared some smothered cabbage for her because she really loves that dish that I used to prepare all the time for her mother. As we ingested our food, the movie "Titanic" was playing on TBS. I had purchased some cake donut holes at the store & they were very good as a dessert. By the time I looked up, it was 9:30 pm & I knew that tonight would be a challenge to get to sleep.

So let me do what I must & I'll check back with you later..

T.

No comments: