Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Sunday That Rocked....



It was a marvelous morning even though it was somewhat cloudy, but this shows signs of the pending wash that we are for the upcoming week. But once it stops, you may as well consider Summer already here. I headed over to McDonald's for my usual coffee, then to Target to pick up some Pledge & Glade candles for the house. I had planned to get at my reign of destruction to unjunk my cave. I have a Pioneer rack system that I bought back in 1994 because I fell in love with the 100 disc CD changer when it first came out. I have had some SERIOUS debates with loved ones over which manufacturer had the "best" product. Personally, I'm a Pioneer girl for LIFE & there is no room for debate with me because Technics was the order of the day. They still would be my turntable of choice, but me & Pioneer go a long way down the back road.

Well today I pumped up the receiver, put fire under the equalizer, & tossed in a few CD's. I went absolutely nuts cleaning because Isaac Hayes was singing right to me & that was ALL she wrote. Before I knew it, a couple of hours had passed & Thomas called to see what I was up to. He was coming from church & stopped by for a visit. Not too long after that is when Samantha phoned because she & I planned to go for dinner today since we won't have a chance on my birthday. She arrived & we all sat around talking for the longest. Thomas had to leave to meet his wife for dinner & we left heading to Razzoo's. Samantha has a very peculiar appetite & we always have no problems there. She had her blazing wings & I did the shrimp po'boy. By the time I made it back home was just in time to catch Sunday's Best on BET.

This will be a short workweek for me, but the weather will definitely add a twist to it that I'm not interested in seeing (LOL).

See ya,

T.

No comments: