
It stormed across the great state of Texas as if we were being punishes for the most intolerable sin ever. And the wind wasn't being kind either, but I'm happy to get some of this pollen washed out of the air. It's a good thing for us to get the rain because once it all goes away is when things REALLY get cooking. The Summer definitely won't show any signs of the stuff & it will be time to water my own lawn at that point. The earlier the rain comes & the longer it stays assures the course that your lawn will take for the season. This is the year that my pecan trees should bear & the rain is a benefactor in how good they will turn out.
My day was pretty good as it was a quiet day in the office. Sometimes we are the loudest people in the building & other times you won't hear a peep. Today was one of those days that everyone was just trying to get Friday behind them & on to the weekend. I had originally planned to wear an ensemble consisting of orange sherbet color with streaks of pink,turquoise, & purple (sounds crazy, but it's VERY pretty). For the life of me I could not find my black Onyx eye shadow & pink lipstick, so that meant going out makeup shopping. Not that I'm complaining, but that was not in my plans at all. Seems like I can faintly remember tossing away the old because it had melted badly & unsalvagable.
My sister called & we chatted for a while before I decided to roll over her way. I arrived & she was updating me on the events of her day. I asked what was for dinner & her kids yelled "pizza". I was in complete surprise because that was exactly what I was going to suggest. She called in the pizzas & Sherrod went with me to pick them up. Her husband was gone for the evening with his motorcycle club for a field meet, so we didn't have to worry about saving anything for him. We munched pizza, drank water/juice, and talked about whatever. When I finished, my sister asked me to put on her perm. So we sat in the kitchen as I did her hair & 11:20 pm arrived before I recognized it. I bid them goodnight until tomorrow & left that place with fire under me. And tomorrow will be a long day for all, as the event in our family history takes place.
Take care,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment