Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Marvel Saturday...(Kinda)




This was a day that by the time I reached the end of it, I was totally taken aback from all the joy that was received. My niece with her CRAZY self called this morning to wish me happy birthday....except that it wasn't my birthday yet ! The only reason I know she remembered it was that I had MENTIONED going to Tejano's & that made her mouth water. So we shall see on the actual date if the actually remembers it or not (I'm betting on the latter....LOL).

After we finished speaking, I dressed & went to pick her up. Her mother was still in bed to due complication for dental surgery that she had yesterday & we made out way out of the door to our little spot in Oak Cliff. As we headed over, I took her a different route that we usually do because I wanted to show her a little bit about downtown since it is quiet on Saturday mornings. We had nachos for the appetizer, she had menudo,& I had steak with shrimp fajitas. Words cannot describe how full we both were, and we rode by the American Airlines center coming back. If I would have thought about it, we could have brought our seats & kicked it with the rest of the crowd watching the big screen at the entrance. But in a way I'm glad I didn't because it was major warm out there & we ended up in my sister's living room each of us (my niece & I) screaming for our teams. She was going for the Mavericks & you KNOW that I was yelling for my Spurs. On an ordinary day, niece isn't thinking one dang thing about them....but she was doing it to aggravate me.

Needless to say, the outcome finished what came close to being a fantastic day. My Spurs are my Spurs for life, but the injuries are just too much to overcome. I'm still puzzled by what I saw & still optimistic about a positive outcome. What I saw was a ruthless Mavericks team doing 'hood antics, but I'm a believer that the show they are putting on AIN'T gonna last at all.

One love,

T.

No comments: