
The thunder & lightening is what woke me up this morning because I had a heightened sense of fear that this storm would be one for the record. If you only knew how close I came to that conclusion, it would certainly surprise you. But the storm that rolled through here was definitely no joke & my nerves were set on crazy all day from it. There was a bolt of lightening that struck a transformer just a few feet away from my front door & I started screaming because I was nervous as heck. I've seen squirrel go up to sharpen their teeth & the next thing all you smell is burning hair. But this was as close as I've ever come to a blown transformer & it is a sound that you'll never forget for the rest of your life.
Getting to work this morning was amazing in itself. As I passed through downtown along my normal route, there were so many stranded cars because of how rapidly the rain was coming. My vehicle sits up high, but I drive about 30 mph when it's wet because I know that water is nothing to take lightly. You should have seen all the idiots on the road driving fast with no respect for anyone. And if I ever pass someone who has been flooded out that flew by me will NEVER get any assistance from me.
The storms eventually passed by & so did the day. I spoke with my sister for a while today because I called to check on her because she's still recovering from the root canal done Friday. I'm worried about her because my sister NEVER complains no matter how bad she feels & all I want is for her to feel better. I plan to see her over the next couple of days & hopefully all will be well at that point. When I left work, I stopped by the BBQ place because I wanted a link basket. I chatted with a very nice young lady that served me & I felt blessed by our conversation.
But for right now, I'm going to watch some more B-ball because the big dance will come tomorrow night as the Spurs try their best to hang in for another day.
Go Spurs Go !
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment