
Finally the moment arrived where my nephew took his lovely lady to be his very own & even though I promised not to cry...I did just so. I was chilled as he wept tears of joy as his bride came down the grassy knoll to the gazebo where her love stood. As they openly let the tears stream down to a point where the vows almost were non-verbal, I kept my composure. When the nuptials ended & the reception got underway toasting their day, I was doing just fine.
However, when it came time for the newlyweds to dance their first dance...I cried like a big baby !
The song they had chose was "There Goes My Baby" by Charlie Wilson & it was just too much for me to take. In my family, we believe in the institutionalization of marriage forever after. Being in the midst of all the love in the room made me wish for that kind of thing. I'm typically not ga-ga about weddings, but this one was one of the best that I've ever been in. It was simple but elegant, & the emotions of it all couldn't be bought at any price nor bottled for later use. It was an outpouring of joy that I cannot begin to explain.
Today was a GREAT day in so many ways & the beginning of many times to come that will strengthen our family like always.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment