Sunday, December 28, 2008

Regardless of What....Philly Eagles !




It was a beautiful sunrise this morning as I peeped the clock indicating 10:45 am on the large display. I was taken aback for a moment as to how or why I was asleep that long. But it was late when I went to bed last night & I knew the game that I wanted to see would be later in the day (I really hate the noon games because that presses me for time to do what I need to beforehand).

Since it was too late for me to find my way for coffee, I decided to start back at the project that I had been at the last few days. Simply amazing how years of collecting things can really open your eyes when you are trying to figure it out. But I used to watch my mother & father retain things to use later....and often times it paid off in big ways. But at some point you just have to call it what it is...being a pack rat. Robert called & said that he was coming my way to watch the game with me. He was at Walmart picking up some hot wings & beer before heading my way. I asked him to bring a small bottle of milk since he was already there so that I can prepare myself some Lipton Parmesan noodles.

He arrived & made his way to the kitchen to do what he knew to do. I had preheated the stove since I knew he was on the way & he spread the wings on the cookie sheet. We watched the pregame stuff as we talked while I was filtering through more stuff, & before we knew it the game of my life (as I would come to discover) got underway. There were so many emotions running today in Lincoln Field & SG's house. When Pacman Jones pulled that unnecessary roughness foul on Sheldon Brown, I jumped up from the seat where I was sitting & cussed a frickin' blue streak. If that game was played here, I would have GLADLY met him after the game. I had to laugh at myself afterward because I behaved no better that LeBron James' mother did when he was hard fouled last season.

If I lose my mind today, I'm grateful for my Philly boyz playing like I've not seen them play the last couple of years. This was one of the best offensive/defensive games I've seen from them in a minute. But I'm still in awe of how Ray Lewis CLOWNED the Cowboys in the last game of the history of Texas Stadium. There is no way I could have been with my family today...sick or not. I can just feel the tension that rose the heat to loosen the tar holding the roof on.

But I love my family still....LOL

T.

No comments: