Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Grand Thursday...




It was cold as a witch's tit this morning (as the old folk say) & if you would have seen the way I was dressed when I left home, you would have imagined that I was headed for the Alps. But let me tell you something.....when I'm cold, I'm cold & don't give a darn what nobody says.

I tossed my dress into the dryer with a damn cloth just to give it some quick warmth, pulled on a pair of black tights, my heavy stocking cap over my ponytail, and grabbed my lined Isotoner gloves. I was ready just in case I didn't make it back home by packing a blanket, some fleece sweats, and some heavy socks. You just never know where you could be caught off-guard & I learned in Girl Scouts to prepare yourself for whatever come your way. I was packing so much on my body that I could hardly turn the steering wheel (LOL).

Upon arriving to work, I was elated to feel the warmth of the furnace hit my face like it did. You know the way it makes you kinda "shiver" due to leveling off those cold bumps that surface. I was in much need of some hot beverage to get me going & I started to prepare some hot tea, but I decide on some coffee because it was already prepared. That really got things cracking & I had some chicken bouillon soup with a turkey sandwich at lunch. They had strawberry cake in the cafeteria, so I treated myself to a piece (it was very, very good).

The day carried on pretty decently & the winds that had died down earlier in the day had returned for my trip home. When I hit the door, it was so cold in here because I thought that it was going to be warmer than the high actually hit & I had turned off the heat. Boy was I ever sorry that happened & it seems like it's gonna take this house forever to heat up. But I'm going to crawl into bed until something gives or I fall asleep from laying there too long.

Peace...

T.