Monday, December 15, 2008

The Most Frigid Monday...




"Oh crap" is what I thought as I opened my eyes to what I felt was the coldest morning on earth. I quickly rose from bed to assess the situation outside to see if any of the wet stuff was stuck to the ground or not. I wasn't happy about all the hard blowing cold air mostly because I needed to go through the drive through at Chase bank to deposit some checks that I've been holding onto that are about to expire (you know I forget I have them most of the time). But I dressed warmly & it was so cold that I could feel that air through my BEST Isotoner gloves, but that's okay....I'll work on gaining some more in the near future.

I arrived at work in a timely manner as there were seemingly not many people on the road. Apparently there is a bottleneck of traffic somewhere, but I'm happy any day it isn't in my direct path. Upon arrival I reached for the electric kettle because this would be a hot tea morning indeed. I pulled down my Celestial Seasonings raspberry tea (one of my faves) & tossed it into my stainless steel cup (keeps it hot longer). The phones went berserk as people were cancelling appointments left & right, but I didn't mind because that makes my day lighter.

Upon returning home to a seemingly cold house, I located my thermal underwear & best sweat suit to get the warm underway. I crawled under the cover in my bed to chill out as I waited for Monday Night Football to come on.....and went straight to sleep ! By the time I opened my eyes again, the game had just ended (oh well....I obviously was more tired than interested in watching football because it would have happened regardless).

Now I'm heading back to bed because I can truly pick up where I left off (*yawn*)

T.

No comments: