I woke up long before the alarm sounded off & I unchecked my alarm settings on my PDA because I don't need to utilize them for the next 2 weeks. It felt good to head to work today knowing that I can forget my path for just a moment. It was a warm & densely foggy morning as the temperature at 7:00 am was already at 67 degrees with continued moisture in the warm ground from the cold drizzle of two days ago.
We were busy today because they must have put up a sign somewhere advertising to the entire county that we would be closed until January 5th, because people I've been attempting to get scheduled were coming out of the woodwork for one reason or another. Maria prepared spinach dip & Dr Wilson (head of Audiology) brought in some freshly prepared salsa with homemade chips for us to enjoy. Since one of the ladies failed to get the anticipate hot wings, we decided upon BBQ from our favorite place, Mike Anderson's BBQ, & even though we called in the order.....I stood in line for 15 minutes trying to get in the door. But it is so worth it all....believe me !
When the clock struck 2:30 pm, I bolted up from my desk chair & gathered my things. I had packed all of my usual stuff that I use on a daily basis to bring home to clean (cups that need scalding & tea kettle needs to be cleaned of water scaling). I hugged everyone & wished them happy holidays; we agreed on whom was buying which calendars because all three of our personal pocket calendars ran through 2008 (and we just realized it....don't know why I was thinking we had another year). I'm responsible for the pocket calendars & Maria will get the ones for the wall.
So I came home & climbed into bed watching TV until my eyes gave out. My cell phone rang & that sat me up straight. I promised the gang that I would come out this evening, so I dressed & went over for a couple of hours. But I told them that I was just too sleepy & would catch back up to them later in the weekend. As I returned home & crawled back into bed, the DVD that I was trying to watch didn't stand a chance in keeping me awake.
Have a great evening & I'm patiently waiting on Sunday (Philly Eagles & Washington Redskins....both of my boyz are gonna give me sumthin' sumthin' to see.....LOL)
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment