Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nature's Confused Saturday...





I rose from my sick bed determined to continue cleaning every crevice of my domicile. If you would have seen me going at it, you would have wondered where in the heck I was pulling all this stuff from. But there is so much to do before the garbageman makes their rounds on Tuesday & I will be calling Salvation Army to pick up the stuff going in that direction.

The morning started off rather warm, but it wasn't too long before a VERY NASTY storm blew up. I was in den cleaning out the orifices of my desk & I happened to notice that the skies were darkening and trees swaying like mad. I went onto my porch to look up & see in what direction the clouds were traveling and get a better analysis of what we were in for. From what I could see, this would be a real good one because the sun emerged to bear clear sky before becoming dark again. If you know anything about Science or Texas, this is NOT something that you wish to see. The winds that were behind the second batch of clouds amazed me that it didn't snap some trees completely from the root.

Before long all of this had passed with nothing more than a sprinkle of rain. Robert called to say that he was coming to my house because he wanted me to make a few CD's for him as he is traveling home to Louisiana for New Years. He offered to bring me some catfish from a place that he knows I like, so we agreed & soon afterward he arrived. We sat here in the den playing some old music that he hadn't heard before & some of the songs that I played he was recalling what he was doing back when the song was originally released. He brought some vodka for us to share, but I refrained because I'm still with a touch of bronchitis.

Now I'm heading to bed because I hope to get more stuff done tomorrow so that I can get closer to my goal that will set up my new year as I wish it done.

T.

No comments: