
The coolness in the air & the fact that I kicked off my socks during the night is what made me open my eyes. And it's a good thing too because I needed to get my booty into action because I needed to get out of the door & toward Northpark Mall before the race.
Luckily I know the best backways & how to needle around all the mark off points. But it required me to park my vehicle & do some walking to my main point of arrival. The weather was amazingly beautiful & this was the best time for this event. Rain had been in the initial forecast, but that ceased to happen & the sky was a brilliant blue. It was so clear that it just seemed that you could see for miles and miles away.
There were many, many people out for this event & I really think that it's the largest ever. Every person of all ages, genders, & races were as one on this day. And it's a spectacular thing to be a part of as we come together as one for something that has touched us all. I wore my velour pink warm up suit, my white breast cancer cap, & Janice's black scarf with pink ribbons tied around my neck. I have a silver necklace with a pink diamond that I had ordered that I wore in her honor. But I was there for also my other 3 girlfriends & co-worker that have passed on, & my gynecologist's wife is a breast cancer survivor. Everytime I delay having my mammogram done, he STEARNLY reminds me of the importance of having it & he tells the story of his wife (I love my gynecologist & primary doctor because they don't preach....but they get inside your head with straight talk).
Upon returning home I had the dreaded task of changing out my closets & let me tell you that I truly *hate* this task because it will wear you down. But the season won't permit me to wear my toes out anymore & I would look ghetto wearing ankle boots with Summer dress, so you do what you must. Now I'm getting into bed to watch some TV & relax myself beyond belief.
Be good,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment