Friday, October 10, 2008

A Surprising Friday....





Today was a very unique day in many, many ways that sometimes it's impossible to describe. Lately there have been a sense of "struggle" between my sister & I, and only recently I spoke of it to a dear friend that encouraged me to get to the heart of what is causing the conflict. As I did this, it was revealed to me just what my sister has been dealing with & I felt like a complete & total fool for being selfish in my pride to see that she was hurting from several issues that were going on. She & I are so much alike because we are VERY private people & there is a lot that we share-but don't share mainly because we both know that everyone has issues to deal with.

If you know anything about me, you know that I love my family & friends deeply. I decided instead of hanging out like I do on Friday either lounging in bed or sipping on vodka under the tree with the gang, this Friday would be dedicated to my sister & her family. It's like I told her when we sat at the table laughing at several things....."we are family & we WILL get through this".

Here's a picture of my sister that I adore beyond words & I would lay down my life for her. From here I'm out because Texas-OU is tomorrow & Gwen's birthday party will follow that.

T.

2 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello,

That is so touching!!

Peace, blessing and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Sister Girl said...

Thank you so much. There is nothing sweeter than the bond between sisters...no matter if by blood or close friendship !

T.