Sunday, October 26, 2008

A "Speedy" Sunday...




My cell phone was blaring away in my ear over the volume of the TV when I answered. It was Thomas asking "Are you still going with us to ride the four wheeler ?". I had paused for a moment to see how I could talk my way out of it, but I knew I would have to hear some noise talking about it based on the dare from yesterday. He said that he would come by to pick me up after church (it's in my neighborhood) & we would head back to his house to load up his machine.

I darted out because I needed to pick up a few things for the week & I was waiting when he swung by to pick me up. We arrived at his house & his wife stated that she wasn't even trying to get out there with us. She blessed us, we loaded up, & headed out for the outskirts. There were several of his work buddies with girlfriends/wives & we had a lot of fun. This was the first time that I've ever been on one of these, but it feels so marvelous seeing how much power it has. I've rode motorcycles all the time when I was younger, but was always afraid of the 3-4 wheelers. But now that I've rode one, I could do it again without hesitation (LOL).

I'm worn because I've been sported out all weekend & very much in need of some sleep on the real. However, the weather was marvelous & I had the time of my life....so don't be afraid to get out there and do something different any chance you get.

T.

No comments: