
I was NOT the first person in line because it was cold outside & I had trouble crawling from under the covers until 9:00 am. I did get over shortly after & cast my vote because the location was also hosting the Harambee festival and I didn't want to be caught up in all that traffic.
But it was a gorgeous day & we had our annual block party today. I sent my contribution to the head of the neighborhood committee because I had other plans for the day. Thomas phoned to see if I still wanted to go fishing with him at Lake Ray Hubbard. I told him that as long as he was baiting my hook, that I would be happy because I don't put my hand on that stuff (LOL). The only worm I diddle is the "one eyed anaconda" & it never sees the end of a hook like that !
So he swung by & picked me up, then we headed East on I-30 into Rockwall where we put his boat in the lake and spent the day. There were some more people from his fishing club that were there & another couple of his friends joined us in the boat. All we did was mostly talk about stuff & I never did catch a damn thing. I've never been lucky in fishing because I always get suckered by them and they make off with the bait or break the line. Janice was a fisherwoman to her heart, but I would be the receiver of the goods because I just didn't have it in me to sit on that lake all night like they did.
By the time I arrived home, seemed like I reeked of ocean air & bait. So I took a bath & now I'm gonna kick back to watch SNL because they are kicking the skits into overdrive on this election.
Later...
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment