Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wild Weather Wednesday...




There was a squeal of glee that pierced the office today as the University sent the 2009-2010 list of holidays for the upcoming fiscal year. Tell me why in the world are we functional all day December 21st (Monday) & return Monday, January 4th ? Don't think that I'm unappreciative, but to be off a weekend....work ONE day....and then off 18 days ? Last year we were off 2 straight weeks leaving on a Friday & returning Monday.

Oh well, I'm so looking forward to it all & hope that it arrives really fast.

It was another one for the record books temperature wise & the wind had the nerve to blow today adding insult to injury. I had to brace myself leaving work today to face that 20 mph wind from the South straight down my nose. Not only was it 104 degrees, but the wind made it all seemingly inescapable. My sister & I are looking forward to whatever amount of rain that makes it to Dallas. I spent some time with them this evening just visiting and making small chatter.

I'm out for now & I'll catch you on the flip side.

T.

2 comments:

lb said...

considering that you didn't get july 3rd off, that monday should definitely be a holiday!

Sister Girl said...

Thank you VERY much !

However, working July 3rd wasn't so bad...but it would have been nice.

T.