
I opened my eyes around 6:30 am & debated watering the lawn or running over to the doctor's office to see a P.A. due to the misery that I've been experiencing with an off/on sinus infection. Since it was already in the upper 80's, I decided on the trip to the doctor as I could always get back to the lawn in the evening. I went over & the visit didn't take long, but I left with 3 prescriptions & 2 shots in my right hip (steroid & antibiotic). Not soon afterward did I really start to feel better, but I wasn't trying to play around in this heat because I still needed to get over to my mechanic's shop.
I was so impressed when he showed me everything that he had done, but he still have a few undone things to contend with. He said that I would be able to get my car this week, but I persuaded him to take his time as I'm in no rush to get it back. All I want is for everything & anything that needs attention to get done. It was high noon when I left the drug store heading home & I didn't bother to go back out today. I broiled a rib-eye steak with a potato & called it dinner. The rest of my evening I nibbled on some cherry jello with pineapple tidbits & sipped on ice water.
Gwen called to tell me that they had to rush her mother to the hospital as she passed out & hit her head at the Assisted Living Center. Not long after that, Samantha phoned to tell me that her dad had a heart attack from trying to fiddle around in the heat. He is so much like my father being that my daddy always was somewhere working on something. You just couldn't get that man to stop no matter what you tried. He kept more stuff around because he could always find a way to fix something from something else.
The car that you see in the picture above was the same model that was my first car. I loved that car beyond words & it served me VERY well. It was frog green, tattered interior, but that sucker could fly ! Janice & I used to fly in that car going down the Tollway during lunch trying to run to the bank, go to her house, pick up food, & back to work in an hour. Everytime I used to go through the toll booth, she would close her eyes in fear that I wouldn't make it. But if you ever been in the car with her driving, she scared me ALL the time because that chick drove like a wild woman (LOL).
Good times + Good friends = Great memories.
Stay cool,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment