Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thirsty Thursday....




It was so hot today that I must have ingested an entire 5 gallon bucket of iced tea. The air conditioner in the car had no chance against this brutal heat that we are experiencing in Texas & it appears that it has no interest in going anywhere either. So we are going into our 10th day of above 100 degree temperatures & I can't even imagine how crazy that light bill will be next month.

My mechanic phoned me today to inform me of the status of my vehicle & it should be ready for me to pick up next week. I'm glad because this Toyota Camry thinks I'm insulting it each week when I dropped $20.00 into it. The fuel gauge likes to play tricks on my eyes as it goes cuckoo intermittently as I drive along (not to mention when I go up or down an incline....it REALLY waves the magic wand). But he wants me to stop over to the shop either tomorrow or Saturday to have a look at what he's done, so I told him that it would be likely Saturday morning before the sun gets up too high).

The lawn man came today to tidy up my little patch of land & I went out to water the lawn just before sunset/mosquito arrived. The hail from yesterday took a bunch of swipes to the house, but hardly anything that you would notice. Since I had the house painted last year added a layer of protection, but I need to power wash it because the last couple of storms left behind some splotches of dirt that will not leave of their own doing. Many things are slated to be done & will get them done before December. I still have to get the tree man here to prune back this elephant pecan tree, but it's easier to do after the leaves and pecans fall. This is the year for this tree to bear, but since it's been so dry I don't expect many pecans at all.

It's been a crazy day & since I'm not feeling my best, I'll wish you a great evening.

T.

No comments: