
In my mindset upon waking, I wished that could only had about another half hour sleep. But the clocks said something different to the tune of "Get up..and get up now". I wearily dragged my body upward, found something cool to wear, & eventually made it out of the door. It was another crazy day in the office & my body is taking a toll with the busy days/late nights with the family. But I wouldn't trade one moment of it because this is the moment that makes the memories.
I hurried home to shower & meet up at my sister's place at 6:00 pm heading to Lone Star Park. This place has been around for a moment & there have been talk of going there, but this was just now getting into action. We met my sister's co-worker/friend named Olivia there & at 7:00 pm it was still a balmy 96 degrees. We purchased group seating so that we could all stay together & we were just in front of the finish line. Some of us did a few wagers, but no money of significance was acquired. I think the most won was $23.00 & that was only after losing a couple of dollars !
There was the drive back to my sister's place to retrieve my vehicle when I started to feel the wear and tear of the day. And tomorrow they are going to see the new Cowboys stadium @ 9:00 am tour, but I'll miss all of that because I'll be at work. And there are plenty of things still planned for each day & I'm going to request probably Wednesday off, as my brother & family are leaving that day. The next time they come I'll be better prepared since they come every 2 years, but was decided quickly they would this year due to some other scheduling concerns.
God bless all,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment