
I don't know why this streak of heat won't break, but it has really tested the waters of patience for some. It is just amazing how the temperature is still hovering around 85 degrees in the wee hours of the morning. There were times when I doubted if the air conditioning was working, but I'm not surprised that I've not blown a circuit breaker for pulling so much electricity. Better still, I don't want to even guess what the bill will say when it comes, because this is the 12th day of above 100 degree temperatures.
Today was a relatively decent day in the office, but one girl that returned to work from yesterday (sick - stated accompanying daughter to doctor's appointment) returned with a "new" hairdo since we last saw her on Friday. Now it isn't up to me to say what you do with your sick time, but she came into the office showing it off to everyone. And I know that more than just *I* caught on to it, but if you are gonna do something like that....you should REALLY watch what you say ! The procedure that her daughter was suppose to had should have put her on total bed rest, & what she did to her hair couldn't be done from it.
Otherwise, it was a completely normal day with the record breaking heat still in effect. I surely hope the rain & cooler temperatures that are projected for later in the week make it here. The last round of stuff turned and went completely away a couple of weeks back & I still have my doubts if this will make it. When your hopes have been dashed before, you tend to get a little apprehensive. Only time will tell when this situation will change & I just hope this stalled heat returns from wherever it came from.
Stay cool,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment