Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Spectacular Family Sunday....




I woke up this morning so sick to the stomach that I could hardly sit up straight. But this is the day that we are going to the Sunday brunch at the House of Blues. So I managed to get myself upright before my brother called, then my sister, and followed by a barrage of others. I hurried to get it together & head over to my sister's house as we were heading out from there.

We arrived & had drama with the computerized parking meter. The directions for use were pretty simple, but sometimes automation will get things wrong. My sister was paying for parking to for me & her, but the slot that she entered where my vehicle was printed incorrectly. As we were calling in for assistance, how lucky we were that the space it printed on the receipt became available. We were on hold to a point where my sister was about to pay another space so that I could park.

God, as always, worked it out because he knew that the devil was trying to steal my joy !

We entered the facility & was seated promptly. The outlay of delicacies were astounding & the gospel show they put on was VERY nice. It was a little more pricey than any typical brunch @ $35.00, but it was worth it to celebrate our family vacation. The kids could have liked something else because you know how kids are, but we grown ups definitely had a good time. Even my sister almost broke out in a hallelujah shout as she dance to show her gratefulness in how much we are blessed. My daughter left going home to Corpus Christi & my brother took her to the airport because I was just too sick to go any further. I returned home and laid down for a couple of hours & headed over to my sister's house for the usual Sunday evening.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of another week ahead for us, but I'm going to bed early as my sister gave me half a Valium to control my queasiness. If I don't feel better in the morning, I will call in sick....but I hope to feel better after a good night of rest.

Until then,

T.

2 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Hey stranger!! I hope all is well sounds a little bumpy! I hope you feel better.

-OG

Sister Girl said...

OMG....Talk about me being a "stranger", you've been hiding in Twitterville ! I have a Twitter profile, but I just can't seem get into it for some reason.

And it's nice to see you & hope you will return to blogging on a regular.

T.