Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th Saturday !




I really didn't rest well last night because my body is just too exhausted. It's not that I'm now used to moving around, but doing so much more after running around at work all day is a very "different" situation. But I'm loving each step as the memories of it all are priceless to me.

Sherrod sent a text at 2:00 am to tell me that he mom asked for me to bring a couple of bags of ice when I came over today. So when I went out to the store for water, I picked it up. We were due to arrive at Mickey's for 2:30 pm & I headed over to her house because we were leaving from there. She had prepared some stuff to take over to add into the dinner table because we were 15 people being factored into everyone else that were invited too. My sister prepared some brisket, potato salad, baked beans, chocolate cake, & strawberry cake. Also she had stuff that she left behind at the house for later on when we returned & those that wanted more.

We had the best time ever. I saw most of all of my cousins because even though they grew up in the country ("down home"), we all had a close connection because my dad's family would travel home at least once a month to spend the weekend. We would arrive on Friday & leave Sunday morning/afternoon. This would be all of my father's siblings that had married & moved away. There were some that still resided in the little town called Avinger & we just all got together at the family place on that great weekend. I had fond memories of drinking the well water that brought the most delicious water I've ever had & getting all the goodies from the family garden.

Tomorrow is a long day I'm sure & I'm going to see if I can get a better night sleep.

T.

No comments: