
Good Lord have mercy !
I was a tortured soul from last night after lying awake in bed until 2:00 am unable to sleep. The problem was that I had gotten so worked up from the fine NBA action & the shock that Houston Rockets actually defeated the L.A. Lakers. People have so much denial that any other team on this earth could even come close. But you know that they are very over rated, but I'm not here to put anyone down. You know all I want to see is some hot action & the playoffs/finals always promises to do just that.
Upon arrival at work, I prepared the strongest pot of coffee ever. I don't think I'll be able to get the coffee stains off my teeth or scrape my tongue to take off the brown. But it didn't take me long to get it together so that I could get the day past me. My sister phoned to tell me that she received another position in a postal facility much closer to home. Now it will only take her 15 minutes at best coming or going, when it used to be close to an hour easy. When she makes her move to the new location will mean that our paths no longer will cross in the morning.
Not too long after talking with her Gwen called to say that her company was going through a round of layoffs today. She works for a law firm in accounts payable & the majority of their clients are in the auto industry. We are standing in prayer that minimal persons are affected, but it's just crazy how times have become. My sister phoned back to invite me to dinner as she was frying buffalo fish for dinner & you know that I can do some fish really well.
I'm going to watch game 2 tonight & cheer on the Denver Nuggets !
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment