Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Great Thursday...




It was really warm today as the searing temperatures have returned from a brief hiatus. I guess I shouldn't complain since Monday will mark the first day of June, but I will appreciate the sunshine and so not looking forward to the scorching days.

Today was a decent day at work with the usual lunacy, but it wasn't bad at all. I talked with my friend in Scotland today as it has been a while since we spoke. The connection was kind of choppy as you know how overseas phone calls are. I can remember back when I was married all the phone calls that would come through in the early morning hours. But what can you expect when the location the call is coming from is 7 hours AHEAD of you. And trying to call overseas is a pain in the butt because their networks are just trash & you are charged for every attempt if the line is busy.

Tonight I attended a dinner to stand in for Janice's Sister Network because her husband was not able to do so. It was a lovely affair & the program was very well orchestrated. My sister had the tickets, but I called Carla to advise that I needed a ticketless entry due to unable to get them from my sister beforehand. I left before it ended because it was on the other side of town & I didn't want to get caught up in traffic.

See ya later !

T.

No comments: