Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Thursday Worth Remembering....



Today's blog is dedicated to my sister, PJ, whom is a person that I admire & love fiercely. There have been times when I didn't understand her silence & wondered if it was something that perhaps I had done to bring it on. But it took me a moment to understand the depth of her inner strength when she was weathering a storm. But the Lord had to show me that I did the same thing & we just don't talk about whatever issues we are experiencing because we both know that everyone has their own problems. If you have been around me, you will know that I hum a lot when I get stressed. But she is not a person that you can read into, but she gets strangely silent & I know it isn't good for the person on the other side of it.

About a month ago she went for an interview for another position in a station closer to home. We had spoken earlier in the week as she called her entire family to share the good news of the offer for the position. Today she was called in with her supervisor to advise that her current position was affected in the downsizing that the US Post Office is conducting. But her current supervisor hadn't been informed yet that she was leaving, but the paperwork is in process in Human Development. By the grace of God, she is NOT affected in the position that she is moving into !

Let me tell you that God makes no mistakes; if he closes one door....another will open. I hope the best for everyone involved because they went as far back as 1984 in this round of layoffs. We spoke of how it didn't make sense that you kept older staff that are in senior years preparing for retirement, but who knows the formula they used. Apparently they are giving everyone 60 days to reposition to other openings or terminate. Many lives are being turned upside down right now & there is a hightened sense of uncertainty in the air. But all I can do is encourage everyone to keep your head up as God is the way maker & he will never leave you.

All my love,

T.

No comments: