Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's Tranquility....







By the time I opened my eyes this morning the sun had long made it over the horizon. Since it was already past 10:00 am, I decide to pass on my usual Sunday morning coffee at McDonald's. I didn't even feel like going to the grocery store because I certainly have enough to carry me for a moment. I grew up watching my mother keep a well stocked kitchen for "such a time" that need would arise. But I still need to get over to the fish market to stock up on some catfish for the freezer.

I basically dawdled around all morning until hunger started to cloud my thoughts. At first I wasn't sure what I had a taste for, but that quickly faded when Tejano's came to mind. I can eat at that place no matter WHEN the thought comes to mind & I showered, dressed, and hit the door. I had to stop by the ATM to deposit a check that someone had written me & I went to a downtown location that was in the vicinity of where I was headed. The weather started looking better & better as time wore on and there were so many people taking in the opportunity. I need to really get out & take some pictures because I've become very interested in taking interesting pictures as I come across them.

I arrived at Tejano's & they were busy, but I was seated promptly. The first thing I ordered was a glass of wine to accompany my chips & dip. As I gazed across the menu trying to decide which mouth watering delicacy would warm my tummy, these are the ones that entertained me. The pictures are of the very sinful beef & cheese nachos - half an order & following that were the beef fajitas. I ate like I wouldn't see tomorrow, & I don't mind splurging once in a while. After spending about an hour there, I decided to roll through the West End & check out the scenery. If the weather is good next weekend, I want to go downtown to snap a few pictures of the local scenery to share on Picasa.

Now I'm going to crawl into bed after watching one of my favorite movies, Hackers (starring Angelina Jolie & Jonny Lee Miller), & rest up for who knows what will become of tomorrow.

Keep your eye on the prize,


T.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

hey u

Sister Girl said...

Hey,my buddy !

I know that life is treating you so sweetly because you are such a lovely soul.

T.