Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Pretty Nice Saturday....




As I rose from my bed after the night we had last evening, I decided to make a few moves because I had a whole list of things that I needed to put closure to. But I knew my first stop would be Micro Center because there were several electronic things that I wanted to evaluate. Of course I go there to play around with the gadgets & return home to purchase online because the price difference is pretty significant. I don't mind paying a little more, but when it's $10.00 or more, it's not worth it locally....especially when you are paying less for the item, free shipping, and no tax.

But they had some pretty interesting junk in there today. If the economy was hurting, I couldn't tell by the crowd that I saw. I guess since people are spending more time at home, they are investing into the things that worthwhile as you're there. I know that I could spend the whole dang weekend right here at home without budging except if I want to eat out. As long as my DSL works, cable works, TV works, and electricity in check....it's all good. But I managed to get most of what I wanted done before I made my way back home for a very nice nap. I had a crazy dream that woke me up, but Zyrtec is one of those pills that I can't "sleep" on because it bothers me like that.

Chris Botti was on PBS tonight in concert with the Boston Symphony Orchestra & it was the best thing. As you know, I love my music & Chris Botti is a young man that captured my heart from the moment I first heard him. And when he does "When I Fall In Love", it's all over for me because I end up teary eyed from sheer happiness. A couple of hours after that ended a couple of hours later came the Volt-Stax concert from years ago because Otis Redding was featured in it.

Still have a lot on my agenda for tomorrow, so let me say goodnight & leave you with some sweet soul music that turns me to butter every time I hear it.



T.

No comments: