
The psychological effects of losing one hour certainly were present this morning as my body struggled to cooperate. I was so happy that I set the clocks last night before midnight so that when I went to bed that evening, I knew that everything would be in order for the next day. And no matter how hard I tried to adjust my mindset, there was still too much darkness around & you know my body believes that it's bedtime when darkness appears outside.
I began my day out getting my usual coffee at McDonald's, but there was no sunrise today because of the overcast. No rain is in the forecast until midweek, but I could have placed a bet on a couple of clouds that rolled by. My daddy was a country boy & he would sit outside and watch the skies to see what the weather would do. All the precious things that you don't think anything about as a child that stay with you for all your life. But after I took in my fill, I made my way out of the door to continue my task to Walmart with a local newspaper ad in hand detailing 10 pints of Bluebell for one dollar each. A lot of my friends are "embarrassed" to carry in another store ad for price match, but trust and believe that I feel NO REMORSE at all. It is costing them NOTHING in advertisement & they still have a substantial markup, so it is a win/win situation for everyone.
After returning home to put away my things, I began to sweat like a mad woman. The problem that I've been wrestling with had resurfaced: all this hair on my head & humid days. For those of you that don't know, I used to wear my hair in a college fade for many years & I've missed it. Someone asked me to grow it out once & I've not been a happy woman since. I like hair to a certain degree, but I've reached a point in the road of life that I simply despise it all. I don't enjoy being too hot or cold, so you can warm yourself to satisfaction....but you can only take off so much to cool off. And you can only imagine the next step was to find the barber that would shear my head.
I arrived at the barber shop & I sat down to patiently await the first available chair. The location that I visited is where my nephews get their haircuts, so I knew the guys were a trustworthy source. About 30 minutes later, they asked if I was waiting on someone. I snatched off my ponytail holder, shook out my hair, & advised that it ALL had to go. So I was in the chair as I watched my hair falling to the floor in record pace & the relief of cool air was once again mine. But I get a LOT of compliments when I wore my hair before & although I was considering keeping my shoulder length mane, I just was not interested any longer.
Upon returning home & a quick shower to wash all the residue off, I sprawled across the bed to watch San Antonio & Phoenix go at it. That seemed like the longest game ever & San Antonio BARELY pulled it off (whew). But it's about to get stone crazy with the B-ball & you know I'm all about some sports. I eventually arrived at my sister's place & Erick bought over some games that he purchased at Movie Trading company as we kicked it all evening.
I'm out now as I need some sleep to try to make up for 60 lost minutes & I'll holla later.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment