
It was cold as everything when I woke up this morning, but one thing was for certain...I had enough sleep. So I dressed & went over to McDonald's to ingest a large coffee and watch the sunrise. Seems like sunrise is especially breathtaking on a Sunday morning. After I completed my second cup, I was ready to take on the world. I stopped by Target to check out some bathroom rugs & ended up selecting a sage green color (prettier than it sounds & they seem very durable).
I chilled out around the house watching a little TV until noon when I phoned to chat with my sister. She sounded like she was in a pretty good mood, so I decided to go over earlier & chill with them for the day. Her husband left on a quick trip home to visit his brother that is on hospice for cancer. They had informed the family of his impending passing & I'm happy that he had the chance to see him one more time. When I arrived, I found my sister reeking havoc on her old 20 gig iPod that has suddenly decided to bite the dust. She had problems with it before, but it seems this time the drive has died. So we looked online at prices for repair on Apple; they had to be KIDDING to think that someone will pay $250 for a repair versus buying a new one. I know darn well that I wouldn't pay that price & you still out of luck on a warranty. But you know my sister is very technical & she just LOVES working on stuff.
We had fun hanging out in the kitchen as she prepared Sunday dinner & I was kickin' it on my laptop at the kitchen table. She was playing some Rickey Smiley as I had my earphones plugged in bumping around on YouTube. Her husband called around 5:30 pm to let us know that his brother had passed on & he was going to stay with his mother for a while longer before heading home. But before I knew it, my 1:00 pm arrival had turned into a 10:00 pm departure. We bid each other goodnight & shot out of the cold night air headed for home. I'm certain that I'll have no problems getting to sleep tonight, but it was a Sunday that was a blessing in love without fail.
Wonderfully blessed,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment