
Have you ever had so much to say, but didn't know where to begin & the words just wouldn't flow no matter what you tried ? Well, that is the state of my heart today because I've been so worn down lately that I'm sure my blogs made no sense to anyone because they didn't make any sense to me. But you know that there is so much comical to me & lately seems like there was so much going on that I had to "force" a smile (and you know where I stand when it comes to sharing a laugh with people). I had a rough couple of weeks go past, but sometimes in life you have those storms.
Today was a very, very nice day & we were fully staffed again which always is a positive. Even though today was my long day at work, I didn't mind it because I plan to spread my comp time over a couple of days. I had planned to visit my barber today for a fresh cut, but my niece came by to visit after I arrived home & I ended up missing him. Since he doe not work on Tuesdays, I'll be in his chair directly after work on Wednesday. Maria told me that she saw one of our patients at the mall over the weekend & she told her to tell me hello. She is one of the nicest ladies & we've not seen her in the clinic in a while. Samantha & I chatted for a while today on the phone and we promised to meet up soon. It's crawfish season & I know she's trying to break the bank eating them. I don't see the fun in it as it requires too much fighting to get a mouthful, & you just can't play with a big girl when she is ready to get her grub on.
I went over to visit my sister this afternoon & shared dinner of meat loaf, red beans, cabbage, and cornbread. It was very, very good as my brother-in-law is very skilled in the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen table in conversation with the kids as we ate & they are just too dang funny to me. My niece was rather clingy (a rarity) & my nephew was gonna stand outside & talk to me all night long. He always walks me to my vehicle & sometimes we stand outside to talk about things that he want to say to me privately without interference. But he is my heartbeat & he's just like the son I never had. But I am blessed for having such wonderful people in my life & that counts friends as well as blood relatives. All in all, I have a wonderful circle that cannot be broken because love forms the bond.
Now I'll say goodnight until the next time.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment