Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Sunday Well Spent....




Today was one of the finer points in my week, but what can go wrong on a Sunday ? I woke up early & decided to forego my usual soiree at McDonald's because I wanted to surprise Sherrod with a visit to Waffle House. He swears it's the best & I promised him that one day we would go together to see if he was right. I messed around all morning waiting for him to call me that he was up because we also planned to get by the barbershop. The clock wore on and no phone call had occurred up to the point of 11:00 am. So I picked up the cell phone & called him to see if he planned to wake up anytime soon.

When he said hello, I could tell by the tone in his voice that he had been up quite a while. I asked him why hadn't he called yet since my last conversation to him was to CALL ME WHEN YOU GET UP. I was crazy mad because the barbershop isn't open all day on Saturday and with the NCAA stuff going on, I was suprised they were going to attempt it at all. So by the time I arrived at his house, my sister told me that he had been waiting for me for a couple of hours. I told her that I told him to call me......Arggh !

We passed by the shop to confirm the closure & we headed out to the mall because I needed both pairs of glasses adjusted. After that was done, we stopped by Fix It Fast to get his watch cleaned & some posts replaced to a point of just like brand new. Then we fiddled around at some other stores before hunger started to kick our butt. We went to Pizza Hut to resolve that issue with a large pepperoni pizza, and went back to his house to chill. My sister & Sierra had left already heading over to the Galleria for some stuff. Sherrod & I spent a quiet evening along as his dad was gone out with his friends enjoying the beautiful day on his Harley Davidson. So I curled up on the sofa & Sherrod on the loveseat to catch a quick nap. Eventually everyone returned & all was a typical Sunday evening with the family.

Hope your day was fantastic & I'll be seeing you !

T.