Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Sunday of Decisions.....




It was a beautiful morning as I decided to do my laundry before the mid-day heat turned on the charm, but as I did the last load (which just happened to be a light load), my washer decided that it has spent enough time with me. Sometime during the rinse cycle is when the agitator decided that it wouldn't continue, but I'm glad that it wasn't funky wash water (LOL). So that meant I had to pull the items into a tote to had wring in the bathtub & then dip the water that couldn't drain from the washer. Let me tell you just how much "fun" that episode was & I received my daily dose of excercise doing that.

Yes siree... I feel muscle bound in my calves & upper arms. If you want to punish someone, I would think that would be a method that would certainly work effectively.

I'm uncertain right now what move I'll make to correct this matter. I really like the washer that I have due to the tub size/heavy duty, but I know there are more energy efficient models that are out there. I really don't care about shopping for appliances, but I guess it's time to make that investment. Either way I have to decide what is best as I've pulled out the last invoice for the last repair 4 years ago on this same washer. And even then, it was a motor/belt replacement issue. I know that the motor is fine because it will turn on & water fills the tub, but no agitation. I'll kick it around in my head for a couple of days & see how it all airs out.

The afternoon was lovely, but it was hotter than I could describe. My sister & her daughter now have the same look as I do as they decided to whack off all their hair. There are times that I miss it, but not enough to grow it back. Could you imagine if I'm sweating with no hair how terrible it would be with it STILL on my head ? But they both look so cute & now we just have to get it trained to lay down. We had a feast at dinnertime today because my sister overdid it again. The menu was meat loaf, baked chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, pinto beans, and cornbread. I ate so much that my stomach hurt & Sherrod wasn't helping me by making me laugh at his crazy antics.

Tomorrow is another "smoking" day, as the temperatures are expected to rise near 100 degrees all week.

Hooray.

T.

No comments: