
For whatever reason, I really & truly wasn't interested in driving in the rain under no circumstance. I had a much better night of rest than the night before, but I certainly could have kept right on sleeping easily. But you do what you must to do what you need to do, so I made my way in timely fashion out of the door for the day. Several offenders are floating in the air because as I was driving, I began to sneeze a lot & coughing like mad. As a matter of fact, it continued until I picked up the phone to schedule an appointment with my doctor. Just my luck that he had a 2:45 pm that I could accomodate & I cleared my desk of projects before heading out of the door.
I arrived, gave the vitals, & then I was promptly seen. He authorized a breathing treatment, wrote a new prescription for more antibiotics & albuterol inhaler. He asked if I had a nebulizer at home & I told him that I would prefer one seeing as though allergies & asthma were here to stay. Now I'll have to see who is a provider for BCBS so that I can obtain it soon, because I don't plan on continuing driving across town for a breathing treatment when I can do that in the comfort of my nightgown. When I left there, the sky fell out with a downpour of rain & the breaking news reported the tornado in Oklahoma City.
After returning home for the evening, I shut down my cell phone & crawled into bed because I was exhausted. Somewhere between 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm is when I fell asleep, but the sound that woke me up was the wind that was howling outside of my bedroom window. And deaf as I am when I sleep, that wind had to be something powerful because the TV was on full tilt & I was still waken by it. When I stepped onto my enclosed front porch, I didn't care much at all for what I saw. The way the winds were whipping those trees indicated that it meant business for real & the rain was equally as matched. This was not a case of just "straight line winds"....I knew beyond a doubt that a tornado was somewhere in the neighborhood.
But I'll catch up with you again later as tornado sirens are currently blaring !
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment