Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Busy, Busy Saturday...




Exactly one year ago yesterday, I lost my best girlfriend in the whole world & I laid in bed thanking God that he's kept my sanity this long. There are a lot of days that I still cry & miss her loving spirit keeping me flowing right along this path of life. But I know now after a year that even though she is physically removed from here, she will always live through me through the unbreakable love for her & the lesson taken from our time together.

I called my sister because I needed to tell her of some stuff that I had found for her on sale & she told me that my baby, Sherrod, was sent home yesterday from school sick. My sister KNOWS that this kid is the closest thing to my heart & she knows that I'll crawl across hot lava for him. I dropped whatever I was doing & headed straight to her house to play nurse for him. His temperature was 102-104 degrees intermittently, so I brought him some Amoxicillin that I had recently acquired. We chilled out in the living room to watch TV as he slept off & on, & I dug around on the internet via my laptop searching for some stuff here and there.

Robert called & advised that he was bringing my deer meat & tamales to me, so I met him at my house so that I could store them away. I had promised to make him a couple of mixed CD's, so after that was done is when I went back to my sister's place before Sherrod woke up & discovered I was missing. He started to feel better after a couple of hours of taking the antibiotic & he was blowing his nose on the Kleenex that I had brought back from my house. Lord only knows what tomorrow beholds, but I will play it all by ear because getting this child well is my main objective.

Have a sweet evening,

T.

No comments: