Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Glorious Sunday...




This was one of the better weekends that I've had in a moment, but today was filled with anticipation of performance car show at the annual Autorama at Market Hall. I laid in bed until I simply had to get up to things moving. As I was tossing back the covers, I phoned my sister's house to advise them that I would be there soon & be READY because I like to be the first person to arrive at events such as this. I know how congested Market hall can be & this event promised to be one for the memory. Next week will be the Dallas Auto Show 2009 & that will be a crazy event indeed !

I drove to my sister's place & those kids were sitting around like Ether was spewing in the air. I grabbed my purse & told them they would be left if they were'nt in the car by the time I took the brake off. You've never seen youth move so fast as they found out that I wasn't playing in the least. It wasn't so much as the Sherrod as it was Sierra; you always move slow unless it's something YOU want to do. We drove to our destination & the weather was extremely perfect for being out and about. The entrance fee was $14.00 each & I was in complete amazement of the display of cars that were there. As you probably are aware (or not), I'm an old muscle car lover until the day I die. Give me anything with power & speed and I'm your friend for life. I was like all over that place like a rat in a cheese factory at night when the lights are off.

However, my niece decided to play selfish with the camera that *I* bought for her a few weeks ago. As I was leaving them last night, I even reminded her to charge the thing for the event. Sherrod asked her for the camera to take some pictures & she replied to him "I don't want all those cars on my camera". Lord help me because before I realized it, I had snapped on her ! I made it PLAIN & CLEAR that I refuse to buy her another thing because if she had a problem allowing us to use it, I'll fix that shyt going forward from here. I'm a very giving person & my pet peeve is selfishness, and I reminded her of ALL that I've done for her.

I'm just thankful that I had taken my Olympus point & shoot with me, as we were able to pull off getting some great shots successfully. I was too glad to hurry up & take her back home, but I also reminded her that I'll never take her with me anywhere until she learn to appreciate what a person does for her. She is already on her last shoestring with her mother & that is on the brink of "break" right now as we speak. After dinner, I bid them goodbye as I needed to scram & watch the NBA All Star at my house so that I could get my cussin' & yellin' underway. As a reminder, I'm a big girl that loves muscle cars, sports, & shots of vodka (LOL).

Bye for now...

T.

No comments: