
I spent the day agonizing with the ordeal that has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now & although it was suggested for me to have surgery when it was diagnosed in November 2002, I didn't because there was no dire need. But today, things are very different as my right arm has been in significant pain & my hand has weakened to a point that it's difficult to handle any amount of weight in it. I can't even hold a bottle of water without discomfort & trying to write is a daunting task. So I picked up the phone to make an appointment with my PCP & he did another EMG, & it shows that my ulnar nerve entrapment has worsened to a severe level (it was significant, but moderate in 2002).
He suggested that I schedule a consult with a orthopaedic surgeon to correct the matter as soon as possible. One reason I hadn't pursued it was that it only gives me difficulty in cold seasons, but it is just fine when the weather is warm. I decided that I would consult with the orthopaedic team at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, so I'll get that done tomorrow. But after I have that appointment is when I'll know the expected recovery & I'll take them a copy of the report from before and now to compare.
It's been a long day & I'm tired, so I'll bid you goodnight & catch you later.
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment