As soon as daybreak arrived, I dressed & headed over to my favorite park to get my morning walk underway. It was a great time to be out as there was a decent breeze & the humidity level was low. Seeing that it's still a bit to how for coffee, I decided to stop by the store for some fruit juice. They had black grapes on sale for .88 cents per pound & I bought all that I could store in the fridge and consume before they went left field. I picked up a few other items as well & proceeded home.
After putting away my things & doing a little reading on the PC, I decided to wash my poor vehicle that suffered so while at the mechanic's shop. I filled the bucket with soap & water, grabbed the sponge, & went to work. The only problem is that it was just a tad too warm in the midday sun for what I was doing. When I started, it didn't seem that it would take too much time nor was it too hot. But by the time I finished scrubbing & rinsing off the suds, I had to seek out a spot in the shade to stop sweating profusely. Sweat was running off me like a water spout & all the time that was going on, I felt cold. I managed to make my way into the house to get some slightly chilled water because I know it's bad to ingest ice cold water when you get too hot like I was.
Before long, I was back to myself & then returned to finish my wheels before heading to see my family like we usually do. I chatted with my sister about what happened & she told me that the same thing happened to her earlier in the week when she was outside watering her lawn. This August heat is no joke & I'd advise everyone NOT to take your situation for granted because you may think that you can do it...but the price to pay could be a deadly one !
Have a wonderful evening,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment